14 July 2008

BACON or TH?


You know... I never really liked bacon.

Not until recently, and especially after this weekend, when just about every meal I put in my mouth included it. You see, our family always enjoyed taylor ham as our breakfast meat.

What? You never heard of TH?

TH is a round rod of meat, sort of a mix between canadian bacon and pork sausage or salami, but firmer and saltier and tastier, plus it's not as greasy as bacon. I know, sounds a little gross but it's truly delicious and can be found in northern New Jersey and definitely on most Deli breakfast sandwiches there. Unlike anywhere in the Boston area, delis are on every corner in Northern Jerz and bkfst sammies are made at each one. So you can imagine all the versions there are to try. And all the reasons not to eat bacon.


The point is that now, I like bacon. Not that TH is out of the picture. . . although I've never photographed it. Instead, these photos are of my bacon from this past weekend: bacon pizza; patiently waiting bacon to be crumbled for a salad with boston lettuce, nuts and cheese; and an egg in a pancake blanket with bacon on top to mop up the yummy yolk.

What do you think of bacon ice cream? I've heard of bacon popcorn and chocolate bacon, and that they're both delicious. Maybe there'll be bacon soda or bacon jelly soon...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm not a bacon person either. The smell is great though. Always suggests that there's a great brunch place lingering around the corner. But it's never grown on me.

And bacon ice cream? hmmm ... when are you going to have an ice cream tasting party?! Not suggesting that should be the highlight, but who knows? It could be the breakfast ice cream.